Why I Share My Story


I do not have anything figured out.
I’m learning as I get older I actually know less and less. And I’m okay with that. 

I am no where further along in my journey of faith than most.

To be honest, most of the time I feel like I’m on my hands and knees trudging through the hard stuff because the weight of everything keeps me from being able to carry it and move forward otherwise.

 Breñe Brown says “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do”

The reason I share my journey is not so others might feel sorry for when things get hard, or feel I’ve somehow attained a level of faith you’ve yet to taste. It’s because I want to be honest about where God is taking me and that the journey is hard and not without casualty. 

I want you to know it’s okay to doubt God. It’s okay to doubt where you find yourself and it’s okay to wrestle with the hard things in the life and the bottom line is I want to point you to Jesus.

Why do we foster kids?
Because Jesus.

Why do we give to others?
Because Jesus.

Why do we choose a lifestyle that looks different than one commonly accepted in culture?
Because Jesus.

I only want my life to point to Him.
I’m not going to get it right all the time.
I’m not going to love living sacrifically with my finances, my belongings and my love all the time.

My heart truly desires to have people see, that I hope to lead my life in such a way that people might ask about who Jesus is.

My story isn’t better than yours.
My heart isn’t better than yours.

I am a broken person who has accepted the grace given by Jesus and because of this I am compelled to share that grace with others- it drives everything I do. Whether that be foster care, partnering with women globally in business, mentoring teen moms, working with students, teaching my kids their world is bigger than they realize.

If you’re limping along and feel like you can barely hold your life together, let alone help someone else out. That’s okay. That’s where Grace meets you where you’re at and your story won’t look like my story- it shouldn’t.

Don’t be afraid to tell your story because it’s different. Your story matters.







0 comments