Relay for Life

Relay for Life of Southern Oregon
On the evening of Relay for Life there is always a special luminaria ceremony. The track at Speigelberg is lined with bags lit with fake candles inside- of those we’ve lost, those who have survived and those who are fighting. It’s a walk of silence minus the bagpipes and always emotional. There could be no normal Relay for Life this year because of Covid so participants were encouraged to put bags in front of their own homes instead.
Tonight, I thought I was putting bags out for friends and loved ones but when I went outside I saw bags everywhere. Dozens in front of my house and in front of every home on my street (minus one). They were for me. My Mom contacted all of my neighbors and many of you and you decorated bags for me. It was beautiful.
I hate that my name is on a bag, it’s a bummer. But- I’m overwhelmed by your support.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?



0 comments