The C Word

I can’t believe I’m typing this but 13 days ago we found out I have cancer. I really really hate that word. I hate that this is my reality and my story right now. 


 Just so you know, I am not feeling strong or brave. #realrawpastortalk

Yesterday we met with my oncologist and set out a plan that spans about 8 months give or take if all goes according to plan. Starting with a Radiation/Chemo combo followed by Chemo. 


What makes this harder is stupid COVID 


 and the fact that our family is going to have to essentially live in a bubble for these 8 months to protect my life in all reality. This is a hard pill to swallow for us all, especially the boys. I know our community that loves us will be able to be creative in how they support us from a safe distance or outside of our windows- but this is just 10x harder because of it 


We welcome your prayers and encouragement but ask for you to not tell us your stories or stories of those you know who have gone through this or platitudes or advice even, and that you filter what you say and wisely determining if it would indeed be beneficial for us to hear. If you’re not sure- then don’t say it 


I might not respond to your messages or comments but know I read them and am thankful for your care 


 specific prayer requests are in the comments


 Oh and please for the sake of me and my family and others in my position- PLEASE WEAR A STINKING MASK when you go out. If you wear and mask and my caregivers wear a mask when they have to run an errand, the chances of me getting any sort of sickness greatly diminish. Do it for me okay? 




And yes- when I’m done with this nonsense I’m going to Disneyland 

0 comments