Miscellany Monday

Canning edition!

I canned! For the very first time!! My friend Lisa and another lady helped me, and it was a blast!!

My in-laws have apple trees, so we got a big box of apples from them and I bought a case of jars and headed over to "canning central"!!
Jars sanitized and ready to go!


Cut and steamed

Putting them down the thingy...seriously, I have no clue what it's called. But it's so cool.



It's ready to go!


Into the jars....






Getting all safe for shelf storage..




And I totally took a "finished product" picture, but I can't find it. So, just imagine those jars OUT of the pot.

And it tasted sooo good!

Free apples, cheap jars,
no sugar added
goodness.



Next up, grape juice and green beans!!!


Oh, and it's not related to canning...but how cute is he?!




And I promised giveaways, and they are coming!!

Tomorrow will be the first one!


3 comments

  1. Go Mama! good for you :) I'd love to get into canning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no idea how you have time for that canning. but i'm super impressed!!! you're amazing! i want to come eat some! : )

    ReplyDelete