Time, Stealing and Easter crafting...

That title should sum of the randomness of my post.....I didn't really mean to take a break from blogging, it just kind of happened. I really have been sitting on the floor most of the day playing with my boys, allowing the kitchen and laundry go. And it's been lovely and precious and so that is where I have been.


I read Ann Voskamp's blog everyday. I don't read any other blog that challenges me daily like hers does. Yesterday her post was about how much time do we really have? How many moments do I have with these little ones, and my sweetheart and what do I want to give them while I am here. Why wait to live full of joy? Do it now, because you may not have more time than that. Don't waste a second of it being dissatisfied, or angry, or anxious....you and your family deserve better than that. Your situation may never change, but your attitude and perspective can. Ah, breathe it in....soak it up. These are the moments.



My husband's wallet, coat and money clip were stolen on Sunday. At church. Yeah, not the first place you'd guess right? But honestly (after being totally bummed about all that was in his wallet, and that being a nice coat I bought him) one of the first thought's I had was, "We have people in our church who need Jesus!!!" And isn't that the point? If there is no one searching, or seeking within our walls, we are not doing our job. If there are no sick people, no hurting people then we have missed the mark. And I'm praying for this person, that somehow they find Jesus in this. Maybe they've gone to our church for awhile, but they don't know Him. Or maybe they came in off the street and grabbed the jacket on a rainy day, or needed food and grabbed it for the cash inside. Either way, I know God will use this for His glory if we let Him. Choosing to see. Choosing to be thankful that he has more than that one coat, and that everything is replaceable and it's just stuff. 

I do wonder if the person does attend our church, and what they thought when they saw his licence and realized it was a pastor's stuff they stole. I get a little chuckle out of that....


It's spring break here, and it's rainy and windy and gloomy out. But we are preparing for Easter in our home and in our hearts. These are the things on my list that we have done, or our planning on doing: 


This is a little behavior chart, ours looks almost identical

It's working great and it's a great visual for Jack. 


We are doing these projects in the next few weeks for Easter


http://happyhomefairy.com/2012/03/20/celebrating-jesus-at-easter-tradition-ideas-for-your-happy-home/



http://catholicicing.com/2011/04/religious-easter-craft-for-kids-make/




What about you? What are you up to?

3 comments

  1. Love your perspective. .Sorry to hear about your husbands wallet and coat, but people do need Jesus and that is why they are at Church.. Wow.. I love your perspective and know that God will bless you!!! Thank you for such a great attitude and a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your words and sweet reminder to seize our moments ... enjoy and savor all of it.
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen is one of the main rooms that people like to renovate. During the new home search, this room is one of the most important.plumbers derby

    ReplyDelete