*Exciting News* Trades of Hope- Helping Women out of Poverty



I am SOOO excited to share with you something amazing and inspiring that I am a part of now!!

I had never heard of Trades of Hope before seeing the display of gorgeous jewelry and handmade items at our church holiday bazaar a few weeks back. It wasn't just the stunning pieces that caught me, but the story behind each one.

I hung around for awhile, and found myself going back two more times, the final time asking the lady selling the items what I needed to do to sell them myself.




Trades of Hope is set up like a home party. Think, candles, makeup, kitchen supplies, bags etc. There are no end to these types of parties and businesses, and they are fun. 


But get this, Trades of Hope is the ONLY one of these that is selling Fair Trade 
products made by women from all over the world in impoverished communities. 



Here are some statistics:


1. 40% of all working women make less than $2 a day. 


2. Women are paid, in general, 25 cents to a mans dollar. 

3. Of the world's 1.3 billion people in poverty, 70% are women.

4. About 80% of the world's 27 million refugees are women & children.

5. The primary victims of today's wars are civilian women and their children, not soldiers.

6. Women have not achieved equality with men in any country.

7. In most countries, women work approximately twice the unpaid time men do.

 8.  When given resources, women will share them with her children and community.






Bracelets made by women in Haiti, baskets woven in Uganda, necklaces made in India. 
From Uganda


Women in Haiti are so resourceful! These amazing bracelets are  made out of cereal boxes!!


Trades of Hope takes their products, we sell them and through our sales we help women out of sex trade, slums, sweat shops and extreme poverty. They will be able to send their kids to school, put a roof over their heads and food on their table. 

They make between 3-6 times as much as they would selling these items where they live. 

This is women helping women, this is bridging the gap between us and them and connecting ourselves in a tangible way and doing something that matters.

For me this isn't about making money, it's about spreading the word. 

I love a good party, but this is a party with a purpose and that is something I can get excited about, and I know you can too!



Nakato


For local friends, I will probably only be holding 1-2 parties a month so that my main thing remains my main thing (aka my family) but I will hold an online or catalog party any time you would like and that goes for any of you who are not local!


Here is my website for Trades of Hope, here you can click and purchase whatever you would like and it will be shipped directly to you! If you are part of a party that you cannot attend, make sure you put in that person's name in the "special instructions" part of your order so they get credit! 





Read the story, find out about Gifts of Hope and browse around. This is legit guys, no funny business here. 



** If you want to order anything and have it here by Christmas, email me at

krystle(at)3littlemenandamommy(dot)com

ASAP, all orders placed by December 11th will be here in time, and I can't think of a better gift to give**



PS: Money I make from this is going to fund something else pretty exciting.....you can be praying along with us as we seek out what God is stirring in our hearts.....

0 comments