It's Tuesday but it feels like a Monday...

Jack woke up way to early for my liking....and usually even if he wakes up early he's a happy guy. Well, he's sort of a grump this morning, which makes me what to go back to bed even more. I'm counting the hours until nap time hoping  praying he'll take a nice long one...

I decided not to change my blog name...after reading a couple of your comments and thinking it over...I think it should just stay the way it is. Thanks so much for your input! I really appreciate it.

This weekend my husband and his Saturday night band put on a free worship concert at a local park's amphitheatre. They did incredible! It was such a blast, and it was great to see faces that I didn't recognize and people just wander over because they heard the music. What a great outreach. I'm hoping to be able to sometime upload some of it so you can see for yourself!! It might be awhile...but it'll be worth the wait :)

So, I'm a big sports fan. I pretty much like anything except baseball and golf (which to me isn't a sport, but rather a hobby) Anyways, this weekend started college football and this Thursday is the start of regular season NFL. The game just happens to be my team playing hubby's team...hehehe....yes, I'm a Saints fan...Who Dat?! And my husband loves his Vikings. But we are cordial...no worries. Although I did have my moments last year when MY team won the Superbowl :) Anyways, we're having some of our friends over for a kick-off party and I'm pretty excited!  I love this time of year!

I love the fall. I love the goodies that come with it, the smells, I love to decorate my house for fall... in fact, I might do it this weekend...I just can't wait until October. :) Do any of you have some great "fall" recipes you'd like to share? I'll dig through mine and post a few!

School starts today. But, for us it's just another day...when you're not in school and you don't teach and your kids aren't in school....summer just means it's hot and you don't have to slow to 20 for the school zone and the day after Labor Day just means....the day after Labor Day. :)

Jack's room got a thorough cleaning yesterday, and so I decided to take some pictures of it because it's just awesome. So, here they are! His room is Star Tours/Star Wars. Star Tours is the ride at Disneyland based of of the movie. The posters hanging in his room are from outside of the ride, they are extreme collectibles. The ride is shut down right now because it is getting an overhaul...it won't be the same. So these posters will become even more special! Jack really does love his room, and he loves Star Wars...he asks to watch R2...we love it :)

Corner of his room

His growth chart and 2 more posters

More posters and his bed

He bed :)

3 of the posters

His toy shelf

4 comments

  1. Love it! And fall, too, btw! I've really got to get on the stick and decorate with all my fun fall pumpkins...I just love the warm colors of autumn! I have changed out my scents and that's lovely...I love the smell of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His room looks great! I should start taking pictures when my kids' rooms have just had their major cleanings . . . it happens so seldomly. :)

    I'm not a big football fan, but we are a soccer family, and I love to watch my kids play. I just love fall period. Sweater, jeans, and comfort food. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at your kick-off party tonight! I love Jack's room, you have done an awesome job with it. It has inspired me to finally getting around to decorating my boys' rooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ya! Hopefully we can join you guys for a football party. We don't follow football but we like to watch. :-) Jack's room is so clean!

    ReplyDelete