5 Minute Friday - Story

Five Minute Friday1. Write for 5 minutes flat on the prompt: "Story"with no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..



What kind of story do I want my life to tell? Do I want it to be told by the things I own, the stuff that fills my home? Do I want my story to be told by the accomplishments I achieved like going to college, buying a house, having stocks and 401K's and savings? What does that say of me? 
What will my kids think of that?
I don't think that's the story I want to tell with my life. I want my story to be impactful. I want my story to tell of risk, sacrifice, love, commitment and unselfishness. I want to tell a story that means something, eternally. I don't want to listen to the stories of others doing great deeds and then smile because that was "for them". That story is for all of us, and I want my kids to have the same story. I want my story to mean more than what it has. 

It's still being written, and there is time for your story to change as well....shall we rip out the pages and start anew? 






4 comments

  1. You're a mother. That involves risk, sacrifice, commitment, love, unselfishness. It's a great story! Hopping over from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post... I think about the same topics daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Krystle!!!! LOVE this!

    Hugs!
    melanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The imagery in your last line - ripping out the pages - loved that. I find myself needing to do that.

    ReplyDelete