Putting it Down- My Dream

They say that once you put it down on paper, or say it out loud it means something.
Saying it out loud to someone says, I am serious about this and you can hold me accountable to it.


I started reading Interrupted by Jen Hatmaker last night. 

This book comes before her book 7, which I have told you about.
How is it that my mind keeps getting blown? 
Each day I am left, mouth wide open wondering where the heck I have been?

I spoke it out loud to friend Jenna (who is doing 7 with us)
and I spoke it out loud to my husband, and I've hinted at it with others. 
I'm telling you now.

Someday (hopefully not too far off) I want to open a place like this.

(or this or this)

Either here (the states), or abroad. 

This is what I am passionate about. 
This is what I feel He is speaking to me about.

I have no clue how it will happen, I am the heart of it, not the planner. 
He will have to fill in those details.

For now, I'm putting it down, here and asking you to pray along with me.
Open doors
Emails
Phone Calls
Networking
Meeting People

Whatever needs to happen and however it needs to happen in His time alone.

I'm praying big prayers, big specific prayers. 







Will You Examine Yourself? Oswald Chambers- My Utmost for His Highest

Do you have even the slightest reliance on anything or anyone other than God? Is there a remnant of reliance left on any natural quality within you, or on any particular set of circumstances? Are you relying on yourself in any manner whatsoever regarding this new proposal or plan which God has placed before you? Will you examine yourself by asking these probing questions? It really is true to say, “I cannot live a holy life,” but you can decide to let Jesus Christ make you holy. “You cannot serve the Lord . . .”— but you can place yourself in the proper position where God’s almighty power will flow through you. Is your relationship with God sufficient for you to expect Him to exhibit His wonderful life in you?
“The people said to Joshua, ’No, but we will serve the Lord!” (Joshua 24:21). This is not an impulsive action, but a deliberate commitment. We tend to say, “But God could never have called me to this. I’m too unworthy. It can’t mean me.” It does mean you, and the more weak and feeble you are, the better. The person who is still relying and trusting in anything within himself is the last person to even come close to saying, “I will serve the Lord.”
We say, “Oh, if only I really could believe!” The question is, “Will I believe?” No wonder Jesus Christ placed such emphasis on the sin of unbelief. “He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief” (Matthew 13:58). If we really believed that God meant what He said, just imagine what we would be like! Do I really dare to let God be to me all that He says He will be?

6 comments

  1. so inspiring... I need to remember to only read your blog when I have plenty of time bc your links always send me on looooong rabbit trails :) haha Thanks for you sharing your dream... I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Krystle! I will definitely start praying for you!

    I have always, always, always wanted to have some sort of home where girls who don't otherwise have the support they need to choose life over abortion could come and live for however long is necessary to get back on their feet, gain the skills necessary to parent their babies, and/or be loved and supported through the process of giving the gift of adoption. My husband is almost more passionate about it than I am! We don't have a clue what that will look like for us in the future but it's definitely something we've been praying about for years.

    I so love your heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, my friend! Seriously excited about what God is doing in your guys' lives. Just so you know, whenever and however this happens, I'm bringing my family to work alongside you.

    I talked to Andy about 7 on the way home from Medford, and he was really, really into it. We had been talking before I left about doing some purging in certain areas, and so our conversation at the girls' party was so timely, however short it was!

    God is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful and fulfilling dream!! don't let anything stop you- take one step at a time...God will give you your heart's desires!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I love Jen Hatmaker and her books. And, secondly, I love your dream. So, so wonderful and inspiring! Praying for you and CANNOT wait to hear how God orchestrates all of the details. What a wonderful testimony this will be!!

    ReplyDelete