Big Boy Bed

Yep...it's big boy bed time.

It was about 2 weeks ago when I heard him crying, and I knew it wasn't a normal cry.
I ran into his bedroom to find his leg stuck past his knee and he was on his tummy.
My husband wasn't home and I did my best to remain calm on the outside while inside I was freaking out.
I couldn't get it out.
He was so stuck and just crying, it was awful. I was pretty sure I was going to have to break the crib to get his leg out. But just before it snapped, I slipped his leg out.
I was sick inside. It was awful.

Jack is a wild sleeper, and he's long. We often go in to find him in crazy positions all over the crib. But this put it all over the edge. So......it's big boy bed time.

Can't say I'm looking forward to him being able to get up on his own
and since I'm sort of neurotic, my hubby said we can set up a webcam in there for the first month or so :)

But I am looking forward to sneaking in his room while he's alseep and laying down next to him.
 Books in bed and snuggles.


I remember thinking this moment was so far away, but it feels like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. I can't believe it's here. But he is so ready. The kid practically asks us to go to bed and heads right to his room and grabs his night-time stuff.
It's just me that isn't. :)

I'll post pictures when it's all set up! Probably in the next few weeks, waiting for it all to get here!
Because it's never "just a bed" You've got the rails and the sheets and the mattress protectors and blah blah blah.
By the way, got some super cool bed rails that aren't your typical "hospital" looking rail and much safer! Let me know if you want more info!!

2 comments

  1. I am SO with you! My little one (19 months old) just climbed (completely!!!) out of his crib... SCARED ME TO DEATH!! He was fine, but I cried as my husband put together his 'big boy' bed. Hope it goes well at your house with the new bed! If you have any tips on how to keep them "IN" the bed at night, please, please let me know :)

    Hope you have a great week!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have always been scared he'd do that too!
    You're supposed to give ME tips!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete