"I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith

One of my favorite blogs is Bring the Rain, Angie Smith's blog. Her husband is in the group Selah and if you don't know her story I highly suggest clicking on the link below and reading from the beginning.

Her first book, about the story of Audrey, was released last week. Yesterday a free edownload version was available for free! Since I was stuck in bed with the stomach flu, I decided to download it and try and distract myself from how I was feeling.


I read the whole thing in a couple of hours, sobbing myself through it. I had been following her blog for quite some time and so much of what I read I had read before, in a different form. But there was a lot more to it, and a lot more detail. It was hard to read at some points, and I would have to set it down for a bit.
She is a very gifted writer and Beth Moore gives an endorsement at the front of the book (Angie, like myself is sort of, in a good healthy way obsessed with her too haha!)

I want to buy a hardcopy so I can highlight all the verses and quotes she used to reference when I need them.
It did bring back quite a bit of emotion for me, and some things she talked about were things I had told myself I was "over". It's hard to put into words, but the book was an encouragement that we don't move "on" we will always carry that loss with us and it's okay. And it's okay to have good days and bad days and to ask God the tough questions.

She is an amazing example of trust, faith and strength. Please check out her blog and her book as well. I promise you will be encouraged!

Bring the Rain- The Story of Audrey Caroline

Link to buy the book from Amazon......

Or from Barnes and Noble

3 comments

  1. Oh, you sweetheart, what a blessing God gave you of a day in bed...even if you were sick...sounds like He wanted to send some comfort your way! Thanks for the recommendation of the book...I think I found Angie's blog through yours several weeks ago and have fallen in love with her, too! Are you doing the book club? I love how real she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read her blog and have seen the story of Audrey, I will likely buy this book because she is so inspiring. Thanks for letting us know about it. Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded a copy, too. I haven't read it yet, and I know I will have to make sure I am up for the tears. Sounds like you have had your own story, too... May God bring healing and precious blessings to your heart.

    ReplyDelete