Fire Drill

So yesterday was interesting....we had our OB appointment in the morning with another non-stress test. It all went well ....as I posted!

Basically from the time we got home I started contracting pretty regularly. It went from uncomfortable to quite painful. Along with the contractions I had major low back pain that caused me to throw up it was so bad. This is what I had when I was in labor with Jack. I called my nurse a couple times and she said to keep an eye on things, do the whole "lie down, drink a gallon of water and take Tylenol" drill and then if it worsens to go to the hospital.

So...it got worse. My sweetie came home and loaded the car just in case and my Mom came over to watch Jack. We headed to the hospital while I was sobbing. The day before had been the worst day ever with Jack and the thought that THAT was my last full day with him made me cry. I was scared for these babies, and just not ready. But I had picked my new Siesta Scripture Memory Verse that morning and it happened to be....

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done" Philippians 4:6 NLT

So...I did just that.

We checked in and they hooked me up to all the fun monitors. I was contracting every 4-6 minutes and several of them were off the chart. My back was killing me. I kept drinking water and praying. She checked my cervix and the contractions were not causing me to dilate! YAY. So....I was monitored for a few more hours, changing positions, drinking water and praying. The doctor on call said that if I wasn't dilating and felt comfortable with that I could go home. The contractions slowed immensely and my back pain disappeared. She checked me one last time and no more dilation! Praise the LORD!

So....after 4 hours we headed home. What a relief. I know that God has His hand on me and my babies, I fully believe that they will be fine whenever they are born...whether they do have to go to the NICU or not. But I can't tell you how happy I was to come home, kiss my sleeping Jack's face and know that we would not be having the babies that night.

So...now I'm confined to my chair. My butt hurts from sitting, but I know this is what will keep them in longer. My Mom has been incredible, my husband...amazing. My friends....outstanding. I wish there were a proper way to thank them all. I have no words.

So...we did the fire drill. We passed. Now we pray they stay in there until the 10th. We pray and trust.

Pray for my sweetie. He's being full time Mom, Dad, housekeeper and Worship Pastor. He's exhausted and I don't blame him. He was supposed to go on one last "guy's night" last night...get out of the house and hang with his buddies....obviously that didn't happen.

Pray for Jack. He can tell something is up and he has been quite difficult. The kid is usually the easiest 2 year old I know. But the last several days have been trying for us as parents. He is STILL sick. That combined with the "mood" in the house, I know is a big factor. But it doesn't make things easier on us.

Pray for my babies. Pray they stay healthy and keep gaining weight and that their lungs are developed and that they STAY PUT!

Pray for me. I have so many stinking emotions going on right now I don't know what to do with them. I feel scared, excited, helpless, tired, sore, happy, thankful, frustrated etc.

We can't thank you enough for your prayers. We feel them and I know for a fact that's why I'm home today and still pregnant. So thank you.

8 comments

  1. How scary! Im sorry things have been rough... I will be praying for you, Jack, the babies and your hubby. God is good and He has you and your family in the palm of His hand. Love ya Krystle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet friend. Whew! Ok, I know how to pray. Keep us all posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Krystle, I am so happy to hear that your boys decided they were not quite ready to come. You are so close! God does not give us more than we can handle and everything that He does throw our way is so that we can trust Him and grow in His likeness. Praying for your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have the practice run out of the way. Now, you relax, don't worry about a thing... Everything will be fine. Doesn't that sound like something from the old days?!
    Let's try this instead... (it's MY SSMT verse #3)

    Be strong and take heart,
    all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

    :-) I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, how traumatic! I think every woman's emotions are crazy this close to baby (babies) day, and you have twins! I will be praying for you, so glad everything is ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you, your babies, your OTHER baby (Jack) and your hubby. During times like this and when I read stories like yours I think about the scripture about Mary when she was pregnant with Baby Jesus: "But Mary kept ALL these things and pondered them in her heart". She was a mom with thoughts, plans, feelings, HORMONES, fears, desires just like us - can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I found your blog through Multiples and More....love it! I spent the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with my 5 month old twins in the hospital...I know it is so frightening and boring, but your faith will get you through!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, sweet momma, perfect SSMT for you...and the one from Sunny Sue is great, too! Praying over your God-given family and thanking Him for all He has done!!
    Oh, and I have a thought coming through e-mail for ya during this stressful time :)

    ReplyDelete