July 18th

Today our baby would have been
One Year Old
Today we would have had pancakes and Trevor would have taken them to get a free cocoa from Dutch Bros

Today they would have been wearing a birthday shirt
And we would have gone someplace fun for a birthday dinner
and their party would probably be this weekend.

But that little baby is in heaven.

It was the hardest thing I had been through up to that point in my life
And I couldn't understand the reasons

I couldn't fathom why the pain? why the loss?
why me?


And then........

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen" Ephesians 3:20-21







And I know they would not be here
And I cannot fathom life without them



“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived the things God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9



God knew
He knew all along

He had in store for us
this double blessing

 "When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes. In fact, the Lord gave him twice as much as before!" Job 42:10 NLT



These precious babies


So I am not sad
 I am
Joyful
Thankful
Blessed


3 comments

  1. I had two miscarriages prior to getting pregnant with our fraternal twin girls. I also feel joyful, thankful and blessed. These are the babies I was meant to have at the time I was meant to have them. I often still think about who those other little children would be today, but I celebrate the lives that are in front of me! What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your precious angel! And great blessings abound!

    ReplyDelete